GENERAL DOG SLEDDING INFORMATION
Who Can Participate:
- We welcome those ages 2+ (those under the age of 2 are not permitted into the kennel and/or able to participate in any capacity)
- All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal adult at least 18 or older. For those traveling without their parent or guardian please be sure to come prepared with a completed and signed copy of our risk and release form which is available for download here >> 2020 MPSDK R&R <<
- Participants who are pregnant are not permitted to participate
- Participants who have recently sustained an injury or undergone surgery may not participate
What We Recommend You Wear/Bring During The Warmer Months:
- Closed-toed shoes are a must! Old sneakers, hiking shoes and rain/mud boots are all good footwear options. Flip flops, Crocs and sandals are not permitted.
- Long pants are recommended even on warmer days since the sled dogs love to jump up and say hi!
- Bug spray
- A poncho or rain jacket are nice on wet/rainy days
- A sweatshirt or jacket in case you get chilly
- A photo ID (used for guest confirmation upon check-in)
- A camera and extra batteries are always useful
- Gratuity for your musher (they work very hard to ensure you have a safe and exciting trip)
Please Keep In Mind:
- That our facility is completely outdoors and we do not have a changing area
- We are home to several sled dogs that love to be pet
- Our activities are designed to be hands on to your comfort level
So … not only do you want to consider wearing the clothing recommended above, but you also want to consider wearing clothing that you don’t mind getting hairy and dirty if you want to be interactive and hands on!
Dog Comfort & Safety Precautions:
- We have a variety of rolling dog carts that can accommodate 2-4 guests depending on the ages and weights of the participants. For the safety of the sled dogs, we have a 600lbs weight limit per rolling cart. Guests may be asked to step on a scale to ensure the guest/dog ratio is appropriate before embarking on a tour.
- If you’re not dressed accordingly for your tour, your musher reserves the right to cancel your adventure. In the event you are not prepared for the conditions and your tour is cancelled, a refund will not be issued.
- Ride times may vary wildly due to trail conditions, temperatures, guest weights and dogs pulling.
- It must be 65 degrees or cooler in order to conduct our rolling dog sled rides and 55 degrees or cooler to conduct our Early Spring Tour, Extended Fall Tour and Fall Musher For A Minute Clinic. In the event it is too warm during your scheduled tour time, you may receive a shortened ride and/or a kennel tour and will receive a partial refund.