GENERAL RAFTING INFORMATION
Who Can Participate:
- We welcome those ages 6+ on our Errol & Pontook Dam rafting adventures
- We welcome those ages 10+ on our Magalloway River rafting adventure
- We welcome those ages 12+ on our Rapid River rafting adventure
- All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal adult at least 18 or older. For those traveling without their parent or guardian please be sure to come prepared with a completed and signed copy of our risk and release form which is available for download here >> 2019 Raft NH R&R<<
- Participants who are pregnant are not permitted to participate
- Participants who have recently sustained an injury or undergone surgery may not participate
What We Provide:
- A guide
- Safety gear (helmet, lifejacket and paddle)
- Comfort gear (wetsuit, dry tops, dry bottoms and booties) when appropriate
- Transportation from the raft base where you check-in, to and from the river
- A light riverside snack
- Our Magalloway and Rapid River trips also include a cookout at the end
What You Need To Wear/Bring:
- A photo ID used to confirm reservation upon check-in
- A bathing suit and/or non-cotton, water appropriate top and bottom. We encourage guests to wear swimwear/clothing that can withstand going through the rapids. We do not recommend wearing denim on the river!
- A non-cotton layer for warmth on the river (for cooler days). Fleece, polypropylene and polyester are all great fabrics that can keep you warm even when wet.
- Footwear – water shoes, sandals that strap to your feet or an old pair of sneakers you don’t mind getting wet work great. Flip flops and Crocs are not allowed on the river as they fall of too easily. Guest may not go barefoot.
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Sunglasses with straps so they don’t fall off in the water
- A towel and change of clothes for after the trip
- Any medication that you may need while on the trip (it can be kept safe and dry in your guide’s dry bag)
- A small lunch box or baggie with extra snacks and beverages. Please note that alcoholic beverages are not permitted and coolers cannot be accommodated in the shuttle vehicles.
- A little extra cash for guide gratuity, souvenirs, t-shirts, etc.
- Guests may bring and use Go-Pros at their own risk, Raft NH is not responsible for lost/stolen/damaged equipment.
- We require that at least 6 guests be signed-up to conduct a rafting trip. This requirement applies to the trip overall, not your individual party size. If the overall trip minimum is not met, you will be contacted by 4:00pm the day before your departure and given the opportunity to either reschedule or cancel and get a refund.
- Our rafting trips depart rain or shine! It is common for our local weather forecast to call for a “chance” of thunderstorms and/or rain throughout the day. Trips are not cancelled and refunds are not issued in the event there is a “chance” of thunderstorms and/or rain showers predicted.
- Rafting is a group activity and you will most likely be in a raft with other guests.
- While we do our best to keep groups together, parties may be split-up due to the maximum capacity of our rafts and/or the overall trip dynamics.
- At this time, we use 13′ and 14′ rafts for our rafting adventures. As mandated by Maine state law, we can accommodate a maximum of 7 guests and 1 guide per raft on our trips that take place on Maine rivers (Magalloway and Rapid).
- On all of our trips we provide a light snack (water, granola bars, etc.) and on our Maine trips (Magalloway and Rapid) a meal is provided at the end. If there are vegetarians in your party, please do let us know in advance. Guests with additional dietary preferences and/or restrictions (allergies, sensitivities, etc.) are strongly encouraged to bring along their own snacks and meal items as our menu options frequently fluctuate.