Errol Rapid Class II
A Family-Friendly Adventure, Open To Ages 6+
** Reservations Are Required **
About: This introductory rafting experience is geared towards families, beginner rafters and those just looking to have fun on the water on a hot summer day. On this trip we take 3 runs down a section of class II rapids which are about a third of a mile in length. On the first run down the river, your guide will use a sport raft so you can get a feel for the river. On the next two runs, guests can make things a bit more wild if desired by trying river tubes and/or inflatable kayaks as well. Each run down the river last approximately 15-20 minutes. After each run guides and guests will bring the rafts/river tubes/inflatable kayaks up a short stretch of trail back to the shuttle vehicle.
Location: This adventure meets at our raft base in Errol, NH.
Duration: This trip last approximately 3 hours from start to finish.
What Do I Need To Wear/Bring: please click here >> General Rafting Information << for a detailed list of recommendations!
- This trip is offered Monday-Friday during the early and late season, which encompasses the end of May, June and the first part of September.
- This trip is offered Monday-Thursday during peak season, which encompasses July and August.
- Two trip times are offered: 9:00am and 1:00pm
Trip 1 Itinerary:
9:00am – Check-In At Errol Raft Base
9:30am – Depart For River
10:00am – Arrive At The River, Receive Safety Instruction & Hit The Rapids
11:30pm – Leave The River
12:00 – Return To Base, Change & Depart
Trip 2 Itinerary:
1:00pm – Check-In At Errol Raft Base
1:30pm – Depart For River
2:00pm – Arrive At The River, Receive Safety Instruction & Hit The Rapids
3:30pm – Leave The River
4:00pm – Return To Base, Change & Depart
- Adults (13+): $55
- Children (6-12): $45
- Price includes: a guide, safety gear, comfort gear, transportation from our raft base in Errol, NH to (and from) the river, and a light riverside snack.
Who Can Participate:
- We welcome those ages 6+ for this adventure
- All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times
- Participants who are pregnant may not participate
- Participants who have recently sustained an injury or undergone surgery may not participate
- Our rafting trips depart rain or shine! It is common for our local weather forecast to call for a “chance” of thunderstorms and/or rain throughout the day. Trips are not cancelled and refunds are not issued in the event there is a “chance” of thunderstorms and/or rain showers predicted.
- On this trip we provide a light snack (water, granola bars, etc.). Guests with dietary preferences and/or restrictions (allergies, sensitivities, etc.) are strongly encouraged to bring along their own snacks as our snack options may fluctuate.
- We require that at least 8 guests are signed-up to conduct this trip. This requirement applies to the trip overall, not your individual party size. If the overall trip minimum is not met, you will be contacted by 4:00pm the day before your departure and given the opportunity to either reschedule or cancel and get a refund.
What Is A Class II Rapid: The American Whitewater Association classifies Class II rapids as – Straightforward rapids with wide, clear channels which are evident without scouting. Occasional maneuvering may be required, but rocks and medium-sized waves are easily missed by trained paddlers. Swimmers are seldom injured and group assistance, while helpful, is seldom needed. Rapids that are at the upper end of this difficulty range are designated Class II+.
**After making an online reservation, you will be emailed a confirmation letter that contains driving and parking instructions, a list of items we recommend you wear/bring along and a receipt for your records. If you don’t see your confirmation email in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder as our automated correspondences get filtered into there frequently (especially with Gmail users).